We’re proud that Hancock Health’s COVID-19 vaccine clinic continues to buzz with activity, as more and more of our friends and neighbors receive their shots, giving us all hope for safer, more normal lives in the coming months.
And that’s just where we’re headed, from the looks of Indiana’s COVID statistics—substantial decreases in COVID cases and hospitalizations have already been reported across the county and state. So, let’s keep going: Wear your masks, wash your hands, follow social distancing guidelines, and schedule your vaccine when it’s your turn. The reasons are below.
- Along with the state’s other vaccine sites, Hancock Health uses the most efficient and safe methods possible while vaccinating as many people as possible.
- Studies show a vaccinated person’s chances of contracting COVID-19 are significantly reduced. The vaccine also greatly decreases the possibility of hospitalization or death for those who do contract the virus following their shot.
- You’re protecting the people around you, including those who’re at high risk, when you get the shot. And the more people we vaccinate, the more COVID infection rates are likely to decrease, making it safer for those at high risk. But we’d be remiss if we didn’t say that as experts work to determine whether COVID can still be spread by vaccinated people, it’s recommended that everyone—even those who receive the shot—continue to follow CDC guidelines for mask wearing and social distancing.
- The vaccine is safe and very effective. The CDC website states that millions of people have received the COVID-19 vaccine under the most intense safety monitoring in the history of the United States.
- You can help end the pandemic by helping the community achieve herd immunity.