November is all about kindness and giving thanks. What’s more kind than creating a snack to share? Whether it be an after-school goodies for you and your siblings, or a Thanksgiving appetizer for the entire family, snack boards are a fun and easy creation for everyone to enjoy! Here’s how to create a kid’s snack board.
What you’ll need to create a snack board:
- A large platter or wooden food board (one NOT used for cutting raw meat!)
- A variety of your favorite snacks
- Small bowls or dishes in which to separate some of your grub on the tray
How to create a snack board:
- Use the large platter or wooden board to stage your snacks.
- If they don’t fit on one board, put multiple platters together or use bowls and plates to surround the board.
- You can make your snack board any size you want, but if you’re sharing with a large group of people, the bigger the better!
- Fill up your board with a variety of your favorite snacks. Place several bowls on your tray to hold dips and small snacks such as nuts or candies.
- Fruits and vegetables, sweets and homemade goodies or all of the above. The possibilities are endless! Here are some ideas for snacks to fill your board:
- Fruits: apple slices (with caramel dip), grapes, strawberries, cranberries, blueberries, pomegranates, dried apricots and dried mango
- Vegetables: broccoli and carrots (with vegetable dip), bell peppers (with hummus), cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, celery, olives and cauliflower
- Sweet treats: chocolate candies, gummy candies, licorice, jelly beans, candy corn, cookies, yogurt-covered pretzels, trail mix, caramel popcorn and kettle corn
- Salty treats: potato chips (assorted), chip dip, mixed nuts, pita chips and hummus, popcorn, pretzels, crackers and cheese balls
- Other snacks: cheese sticks, turkey roll-ups, salami, beef jerky, animal crackers, cheese or peanut butter crackers, Cheez-It® crackers and Goldfish® crackers
- Arrange your snacks however they fit best on your board or platter. There are no rules here, so have fun!
- Now that your snack board is assembled with all your favorite treats, there’s only one thing left to do: Enjoy it with all your friends and family!
Snack boards are the perfect creation to share because they can be made using multiple snacks with something for everyone to enjoy. Not only can you share snack boards with your friends and family, but you can all work together to make them, too. So, grab a board, empty your cabinets of all your favorite nosh and have fun!