At Hancock Health, our patients are also our friends, family, and neighbors. So it’s not a stretch for us to mean it when we say we love you.
We even have the L.O.V.E. Promise, which guides our work. To us, L.O.V.E. stands for Live Our Values Every day and it’s a pledge that reminds all of our associates to embody our core values: Carry ourselves honorably, remain devoted, reliable, and kind, and always ensure the care we give is exceptional.
But the L.O.V.E. Promise is just the first step in how we go about making health possible for everyone in East Central Indiana. There are dozens of other ways, including everything from preventative care to surgical services. In honor of Valentine’s Day on Feb. 14, here are 14 ways we show our love for our patients every day.
- Our unofficial motto is, “what a blessing it is to work in a place where we love people for a living.” We feel that every day.
- Our Hancock Health Wellness Centers are the only certified medical fitness centers in the region. We built our three facilities to help you nurture your good health.
- Hancock Regional Hospital has been recognized as one of the safest hospitals in America by The Leapfrog Group, a national hospital watchdog group. Your safety is our priority and we’re proud to be recognized for our efforts.
- HealthPossible.org, the award-winning website you’re reading right now, is filled with articles, advice, and life hacks to help you and every member of your family live your healthiest lives.
- Our partnership with the Peyton Manning Children’s Hospital at St. Vincent means our delivering mothers have more peace of mind. If your newborn needs extra help, additional expert neonatal care is just a few steps away—not across the city.
- The office of Hank, our mascot and Director of Fun, is at Hancock Regional Hospital. When he’s at work, Hank greets people with a friendly wave, and works on his weekly newsletter, The Lily Pad. If you want to know what’s happening around our healthcare system, you can always read The Lily Pad at HancockRegionalHospital.org.
- As a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, our experts have experts at their fingertips. Our services are amplified by the knowledge of the world leader in medicine.
- We know great health care starts with listening. So no matter what you need, the first thing our experts will do is listen to you.
- If you’re considering surgery and have questions, we have lots of answers at HancockSurgery.com.
- Speaking of surgery, our updated operating rooms at Hancock Regional Hospital provide our surgical teams—and our patients—with state-of-the-art technology dedicated to the art and science of surgery.
- We care about our community’s most pressing health issues including addiction, mental health, chronic disease, obesity, and the cost of healthcare. Healthy 365 is a free and centralized location for resources to address those issues and lots more.
- At our world-class cancer treatment facility, the Sue Ann Wortman Cancer Center, our listen-first approach, and convenient care options help our patients make cancer a smaller part of their lives.
- We’re focused on giving you expert, affordable care. One way we’re doing that at Gateway Hancock Health is with lab and imaging prices that are, on average, 70 percent lower than you’d pay for a similar-quality test at a hospital. Check out Gateway the next time you need a blood test, X-ray, MRI, ultrasound, or CT scan.
- No matter what you’re doing to try to live a healthier life, we want to partner with you. Our classes and support groups are here to help you.
It does make a difference where you get your health care. At Hancock Health, we’re always thinking of new ways we can help you to live healthy and stay healthy. If you have questions, contact us at HancockRegionalHospital.org or 317-462-5544. We’ll get right back to you!